1) Parent must hold at least a high school diploma or the equivalent GED certificate
2) Instructional year is at least 180 days
3) Curriculum includes, but is not limited to, the basic instructional areas of reading, writing, mathematics, science, and social studies,
and in grades 7-12, composition, and literature
4) Educational records shall be maintained by the teaching parent and include the following:
a) plan book, diary, or other record indicating subjects taught and activities in which the student and teaching parent engage
b) portfolio of samples of the student's academic work
5) Semiannual progress report including attendance records and individualized documentation of student's academic progress in each of the
instructional areas specified above [EnlightenedSC form: Mid-Year Report Due January 15th annually by all members]
Our students and families are held to standards:
Our students and families are provided:
We hold ourselves to a standard that's higher than most. You want the best for your family, and so do we. Put us to the test, and you'll see.
Simply put, our mission is devoted to you--making the most of your homeschooling experience and helping you and your family achieve your goals.
With over 16 years of experience in the homeschool community, we are knowledgeable and dedicated. We are structured leaders who combine a love of homeschooling with a desire to help others who want to achieve their highest educational potential.
We believe that in order to succeed there needs to be a great balance of structure and free-spirited learning. Because of this, we have the guidelines and you choose the learning style.
Enlighten [en-lahyt-n] (verb)
1. to give intellectual or spiritual light to; instruct; impart knowledge to
2. to shed light upon
An Inspirational Approach to Home Education