HELPFUL TOOLS AND TIPS
Just for parents
REQUIRED REPORTING FORMS
Due Date: January 15, 2019 (all grades)
YEAR-END REPORTING FORM (K-8th Grades)
YEAR-END REPORTING FORM (High School Students)
June 1, 2019 (12th and 11th grades)
June 15, 2019 (10th and 9th grades)
June 30, 2019 (8th - K grades)
*Enlightened SC provides ranking for Sophomore, Junior & Senior, based on the total number in class. Ranking is based on the South Carolina UGP GPA Scale.
2019-2020 Membership Application
We are very passionate about the success of your homeschool. Please feel free to view and use these tools throughout your school year.
Encourage one another and build each other up. I Thessalonians 5:11
Enterprise [en-ter-prahyz] (noun)
1. a project undertaken or to be undertaken, especially one that is
important or difficult or that requires boldness or energy
2. boldness or readiness in undertaking; adventurous spirit; ingenuity
CHANGES- PLEASE READ!!!!!
* The South Carolina State Department of Education (SC DOE) changed the SC Uniform Grading Scale to a 10-point scale beginning in the fall of 2016. The grade range was changed to: A = 90-100, B = 80-89, C = 70-79 D = 60-69. This affects all GPA's for high school students. The former GPA did not change but the new grades will be weighted differently. To read more about this change: 10-point Grading Scale
* The SC DOE revised the requirements for Honors level classes. Starting 2017-2018 school year, ALL classes that would be considered Honors will HAVE to follow the requirements completely in order for Enlightened SC to accredit Honors Level. If you have a student in high school, PLEASE read these documents: Honors Level Course If you plan to include an Honors class(es) on your student's transcript, you will need to fill out one of our Honors Class Forms for EACH class that you will be considering Honors.
* The College Board updated the SAT test. Because the change in the test was significant, the College Board recommended that each organization that sets policy should issue a statement about how they will allow test scores to be combined. The SC DOE issued a statement covering combing scores for the state scholarships. Essentially, students that graduated in the class of 2017 could combine a score from the older test with a score from the newer test in order to achieve the test score requirement for the scholarships. Students in all other classes are REQUIRED to use scores from the NEW SAT test. (This means if you have a student who will graduate in 2018 or later and they already have qualifying scores, these scores will not be admissible for the scholarship submission.) The student must retake the test. Read the SC DOE statement here: SAT Update